Rick and I had to chance to go to the City of Light for a week, Paris. It was truly a remarkable city, unlike anything I have ever seen before. The whole city is one big piece of art and history. Every block and corner is worth a thousand words- but some pictures will have to do.
When we first arrived, we went straight down Champs Elysees to the Jardin Tuileries, right outside the Louvre. It is a huge park, that was originally part of the Royal Palace (the Louvre), and is now a beautiful area where Parisians come to relax.
The ever so French Cafe/Bistro/ whatever else you want to call it (there are like 5 different names for it)- either way, eating outside in the sunny park or on the city street- a French way of life.
The park is covered in these beautiful marble statues- like being in a museum.
Next we walked to the Musee de l'Orangeris where some of the best impressionist work is kept. The most famous- Monet's waterlillies. They were huge panels, taking up two designated rooms. Museums are going to be a running theme here- just to forewarn ;)
The Centre Pompidou- the modern art museum. Now, I am not the biggest proponent of modern art, but just looking at the outside of the building was worth the trip there.
View from the top of the museum
Original Picasso's - pretty cool.
Dinner at a cafe- it is very fun to sit in the outside, watching the people. The only drawback- more second hand smoke than you can imagine!
We were pretty tired our first afternoon, so ended the day with a nice trip down the Sienne. Passing through each of the bridges and watching the Paris skyline float by.
Notre Dame
Like I said, and I am sure that I will say 10-million more times- this city is unreal beautiful and breath-taking. Felt like being in a fairy tale.
Walking back to our hotel on the Champs-Elysees- the big main street in Paris ending with the Arc de Triomphe























2 comments:
Wow I'm so impressed with all the places you travel! And how do you ever get another person to take a GOOD pic of you two...the one in front of the tower is gorgeous! Whenever we ask people to take our pic they cut off our heads or tilt the camera at a weird angle :)
Lisa, it is so fun looking at your pictures now that I just got back from there myself. I absolutely agree with you that the city is incredible. I felt a bit like I was in a fairy tale the whole time too.
Post a Comment